What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website. Our purpose in collecting the information is to enable us to respond to your inquiry, order, or related and act upon it. This includes information provided by you via inquiry, sales, promotional, new account creation, submission of promotional entry, survey submission, social media interaction, customer support information, and related which we then use to respond to an inquiry, request, submission, complete a sales transaction, or create a new account and similar activities. Information is collected from information you voluntarily provide, our sites and applications, offline, online tracking technologies, including Google, your mobile or desktop device usage, your browser, and other sources, including social media platforms, public forums, public databases, and third party partners.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
E-mail is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by e-mail. Some of the information you may enter on our website, including forms and purchases, may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128 bit encryption services. Pages utilizing this technology will have URLs that start with HTTPS instead of HTTP. Please contact us at info (at) parasightsystem.com have any questions or concerns.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by e-mailing info (at) parasightsystem.com.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site, us or third parties.
What About Other Websites Linked to Our Website?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website.
Acceptance of Agreement
Use of the Site
You agree that use of the Site does not obligate Parasight to provide marketing services. Such services only are obligated if Parasight System and a prospective client enter into a contractual agreement.
The content organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site, except as allowed by Section 4 below, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Some of the content on the site is the copyrighted work of third parties.
Parasight and others are our service marks or registered service marks or trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned on the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Limited License; Permitted Uses
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license (a) to access and use the Site strictly in accordance with this Agreement; (b) to use the Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes; and (c) to print out discrete information from the Site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes and provided that you maintain all copyright and other policies contained therein. No print out or electronic version of any part of the Site or its contents may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use
Forms, Agreements & Documents
We may make available through the Site or through other websites sample and actual forms, checklists, business documents and legal documents (collectively, “Documents”). All Documents are provided on a non-exclusive license basis only for your personal one-time use for non-commercial purposes, without any right to re-license, sublicense, distribute, assign or transfer such license. Documents are provided for a charge and without any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to their suitability, legal effect, completeness, currentness, accuracy and/or appropriateness. The Documents are provided “as is”, “as available” and with “all faults” and we and any provider of the Documents disclaim any warranties, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Documents may be inappropriate for your particular circumstances. Furthermore, state laws may require different or additional provisions to ensure the desired result. You should consult with legal counsel to determine the appropriate legal or business documents necessary for your particular transactions, as the Documents are only samples and may not be applicable to a particular situation. Some Documents are public domain forms or available from public records.
Linking to the Site
You may provide links to the Site, provided (a) that you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice or other notices on the Site, (b) your site does not engage in illegal or pornographic activities and (c) you discontinue providing links to the Site immediately upon request by us.
We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components or that defects will be corrected. We do not represent or warrant that the information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, timely or otherwise reliable. We may make changes to the features, functionality or content of the Site at any time. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site.
Third Party Content
Third party content may appear on the Site or may be accessible via links from the Site. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third-party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, agents, officers, directors, employees, subcontractors, successors, assigns, third party suppliers of information and documents, attorneys, advertisers, product and service providers and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
Your right to use the Site is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable or assignable.
THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND DOCUMENTS FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH “ALL FAULTS” and ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 17(b). IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION or THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION PRESENTED WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE OR OTHERWISE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC FILE CONTAINING A FORM OR DOCUMENT IS DISCLAIMED.
Limitation of Liability
(a) We and any Affiliated Party shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors in or omissions from the Site or any services or products obtainable therefrom, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the Site or any features thereof, (c) your use of the Site, (d) the content contained on the Site or (e) any delay or failure in performance beyond the control of a Covered Party.
(b) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US AND THE AFFILIATED PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE AND/OR THE PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN OR HEREBY SHALL NOT EXCEED $100 AND THAT AMOUNT SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES WHICH YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US AND ANY AFFILIATED PARTY.
Use of Information
Links to other Websites
The Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such websites and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked website on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
Copyrights and Copyright Agents
We respect the intellectual property of others and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached by directing an e-mail to info (at) parasightsystem.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
TYPES OF COOKIES:
- Required/Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of our Sites to function, such as providing secure log-in or remembering how far you are through an order. If you do not agree to the Required Cookies, then you will not be able to use the Sites.
- Functional Cookies
These cookies allow us to analyze your use of our Sites to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on our Sites. For example, remembering your log-in details, saving what is in your shopping cart, or providing us information about how our Sites are used.
- Advertising cookies
These cookies are used to show you ads that are more relevant to you. Advertising cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, allow you to share certain pages with social networks, or allow you to post comments on our Sites.
Information and Press Releases
The Site contains information and press releases about us. We disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Site and the content and materials provided therein.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Lexington, Kentucky and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site (and/or any information, documents, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 15 and Section 16. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. This Agreement and all incorporated agreements and your information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party in the event of an acquisition, sale or merger. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- Your Privacy Rights Under the California Shine the Light Law. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), California residents who provide us certain personal information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing use. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third-party sharing in the prior calendar year. To submit a “Shine the Light” request, contact us at [email protected] and include in your request a current California address and your attestation that you are a California resident.
- Rights of California Residents Subject to applicable law (including certain exceptions and qualifications), as a resident of California, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. These rights may include the following:
- Right of deletion. To request deletion of their personal information that we have collected about them and to have such personal information deleted (without charge), subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to know. With respect to the personal information we have collected about them in the prior 12 months, to require that we disclose the following to them (up to twice per year and subject to certain exemptions):
- categories of personal information collected;
- categories of sources of personal information;
- categories of personal information about them we have disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- categories of third parties to whom we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose their personal information;
- the business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information; and
- a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them.
- Do-not-sell (opt-out). To opt-out of our sale of their personal information. We do not sell personal information about California consumers.
- Right to non-discrimination The right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
- Exercising Your Rights If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please submit a request using the contact details in the “Privacy Inquiries” section above. Please note that depending on your request, we may request proof of your identity and verify such identity, in order to protect your personal information and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and policies. We may conduct the verification process by email or phone and may ask you to provide personal information such as your name, contact information, and any additional relevant information based on your relationship with us.
Certain individuals may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on their behalf. If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, please contact us using the email address listed above in the “Privacy Inquiries” section. Please note, you must provide proof that you have been authorized by the individual to act on his or her behalf. In certain circumstances, we may also require the individual to verify their own identity directly with us. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized to submit such request.
- Notice of Financial Incentive We may offer our customers certain perks, such as rewards programs, exclusive offers, sweepstakes, contest, or other similar promotional campaigns (collectively, the “Programs”). When you sign up for one of these Programs, we typically ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as email address, home or physical address, etc.) to contact you regarding your participation in the program. Because our Programs involve the collection of personal information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable Program. This value is based on the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to Program participants. You may withdraw from participating in a Program at any time by contacting us using the designated method set forth in the applicable Program rules. Visit the terms and conditions page of each Program to view full details, including how to join.